In late 2018, TBL implemented the Net Promotor System, or NPS, which is a methodology for gauging customer satisfaction through the eyes of customers. TBL is leveraging this system to capture feedback with the goal to improve every aspect of our business. Since its launch, we’ve collected our customer feedback, categorized that feedback and began implementing change. Here is a look at what we’ve done so far.
1. Launched a webinar series
We heard a clear desire for more proactive webinars & training around what TBL is seeing in the marketplace and what changes we see happening on the horizon. We’ve since introduced a series of webinars aimed at educating and updating our clients and prospects.
You can watch some of our recent webinars here:
2. New tiers of service for Limelight Subscribe
TBL is introducing three tiers of service for our Limelight Subscribe service. We previously offered one subscription model – leaving little room for modifications. We learned that our customers have team members with skill sets allowing them to conduct some aspects of the limelight subscribe service internally. With the new tiers of service, customers can choose what package best suits their organization.
3. Retrained Sales & Engineers on SLA Standards.
The conversations around SLA’s generally were around providing clear and documented expectations for our clients to set for the business. Since these conversations arose, we took this as an opportunity to retrain our engineering & sales teams on standards; making certain SLA’s are understood, documented and measurable for our clients.
More Updates to Come
The NPS process is most effective when people take about 3 minutes to fill out the survey and provide honest feedback- both positive and constructive. We want to know what people love about TBL just as much as we need to learn what we can improve. The next time you see our survey in your inbox, please let us know how we’re doing so we can continue to improve!
AMP continuously analyzes file activity across your extended network, so you can quickly detect, contain, and remove advanced malware
Every antivirus and endpoint protection tool fails at some point in time- malicious files inevitably enter into networks. This is why continual detection and continual monitoring is crucial. AMP for endpoints analyzes file and process activity to rapidly detect, contain, and remediate threats that can evade front-line defenses. Learn about AMP in our recorded webinar.
Request a free 2 week trial of AMP for Endpoints here.
Patrick is a co-founder and CEO of TBL. In 2007, he, David Cantwell and Alan Sears formed TBL Networks. Get to know Patrick in this video interview!
Join us for lunch on June 6th!
AMP also continuously analyzes file activity across your extended network, so you can quickly detect, contain, and remove advanced malware
Every antivirus and endpoint protection tool fails at some point in time- malicious files inevitably enter into networks. This is why continual detection and continual monitoring is crucial. AMP for endpoints analyzes file and process activity to rapidly detect, contain, and remediate threats that can evade front-line defenses.
In CBS News’ 60 minutes feature on ransomware, The FBI’s Mike Christman explains how to prevent a ransomware attack using ‘Great Cyber Hygiene.’
- Patch your networks, regularly and rapidly
- Use dual or multi-authentication authentication for passwords.
- Secure your backups offline.
- Set Up internal firewalls so that actors that already have access cannot move laterally through the network
- Understand that allowing remote access for your employees creates an additional set of vulnerabilities
Watch the full story here.
The report also highlights recent ransomware attacks on Cleveland Airport, The Hancock Regional Hospital, who began diverting emergency patients to another hospital 20 miles away during the attack, and Leeds Alabama, who was left to conduct governing with pen and paper.
Get a $25 GrubHub gift card delivered by the end of the week of the webinar when you attend!
TBL is partnering with Pure Storage to bring you a webinar about ActiveCluster. In this hour-long webinar, you’ll learn about how ActiveCluster, Pure Storage’s synchronous replication and stretched cluster solution, can be used in VMware vSphere environments to deliver zero Recovery Time Objective.
What You’ll Learn:
- Different use cases like vSphere Metro Storage Cluster and vCenter Site Recovery Manager
- What vSphere Metro Storage Cluster and vCenter Site Recovery Manager are, how they are different, and how they can be used together
- Best practices and considerations for vSphere HA to effectively use ActiveCluster
- FlashArray Storage Replication Adapter support for ActiveCluster with SRM
- May 20, 2019
- 3:00 pm est
- Limit 2 gift cards per organization
- For delivery, must be located within a 20-mile radius of Richmond, VA
TBL partnered with Cisco to bring you a webinar about stopping threats with Cisco Umbrella.
- How to protect mobile users on laptops, Apple iOS devices and Chromebooks
- The value of visibility and security for users both on and off networks at the DNS layer
- How to discover which applications are in use in your corporate environment and by your roaming users
Watch the recorded webinar here!
Mason has worked as an account executive with TBL Networks since 2015. Learn why he holds a SAG card, what he’d do if he had a year left to live and what he’d be known for if he were famous.
Alan is a co-founder and the COO of TBL Networks. Here he shares what he’d be doing if he hadn’t had co-founded TBL, what he wanted to be while growing up, a hidden talent and more!